Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Einstein's Mistake

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino C Souza on August 9, 2002 12:44:58 UTC

Hi Alan,

I believe Einstein's only mistake was to assume people would refrain from commenting on his theory without first trying to understand it. I've been guilty of that sin myself, but I'm always happy to learn something.

" Dr. Dick has given specific logical demonstration of Einstein's alleged mistake: theories derived from his geometry allegedly produce absurd (as in logically contradictory) result: time travel; and dubious results: tacheons "

Time travel is not only not absurd, it has actually been proved empirically. Get yourself inside a rocket, speed away very fast, and voila: upon returning to earth you'll find your wristwatch marked less time than all earth-based watches. You have just traveled to the earth's future!

The only real issue here is that Dick says clocks don't measure time, he says they measure proper time. Fine, so be it. Then "proper-time travel" becomes possible. But it's my impression that physicists are not too concerned about semantics (although I think they should be, if laypeople like you and I are supposed to understand what they are talking about)

As for tachyons, check this out:

http://www.csicop.org/sb/9409/reality.html

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins