Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Actually...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino C Souza on August 9, 2002 12:52:06 UTC

Alan,

I wrote the above post before reading this (from the other topic):

" Limited time travel certainly is possible if it there is no mandatory universal single time which rules all the universe within "sub-light light distances" of one another.
There are other cases too.
But this first kind of time travel only allows us to travel into the future at different rates compared to one another. Surely it is true
physiologically, psychologically etc., but so far, the rate at which our debts collect interest must be agreed upon by all, time traveling or not. "

Right on the money! I just wanted to point out that Dick is proposing going back to the "mandatory universal single time" which created the very difficulties Einstein so brilliantly solved. Now Dick may have solved those difficulties himself, the problem is with his claim that his theory is simpler than Einstein's in spite of the fact no one understands it (by Dick's own admission!)

I'm still curious as to what Dick has to say about that.

Follow Ups:

• 4D - dolphin - September 2, 2002 - 09:09 UTC
Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins