Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Opps!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on December 13, 1999 16:52:48 UTC

: : : : A year or so ago I watched the TV show "Mysteries of the bible". They had several biblical historians who believed that our current bible is actually the childrens version and that the adult version did not survive time. This makes some sense to me because all the moral lessons are in story form and if you don't behave you are going to hell. Sounds very much like how we teach our own children today.

: : : bzrd here: I might suggest that you try reading it cover to cover and come to your own conclusions rather than relying on someone else's opinion.

: : ***There are some pretty nasty scenes in our version, this is one reason why we have real childrens versions today I think. Also, the Song of Solomon has lots of sexual overtones I guess is the way scholars might put it.

bzrd here: I assume you are referring to Joshua's conquest of the Promised Land in the Old Testament. If you would read a little deeper you would find that these people practised human sacrifice [most often children] to the false god Baal. You are saying God should have ignored this? There is nothing wrong with sex when kept within the confines of a rightous marriage. Try reading Solomon's Song a little deeper next time.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins