Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
In Addition,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ted Watter on July 29, 2002 01:19:55 UTC

I don't need to study the sciences any more than I already have to discuss these issues. It is my opinion that the issue discussed in the "argument" that I have contributed to were based on philosophy and religion, both of which I have studied. I have never inserted my opinion on any solely scientific issues, as you should know. I am fully aware of the parameters of my knowledge. In addition, I know that you have discussed evolution, and was merely advocating that that discussion continue.

In addition, you're confusing evolution (as in darwinism, survival of the fittest, etc.) with the dialectical procession of ideas as theorized by Hegel, which is a totally different issue, while still very closely related. As a theory, evolution is valid, and I would probably advocate it if it wasn't for my religious objections. However, I don't have any religious objections to discussion or the theory of the dialectical procession of ideas (which has been contested by several philosophers). I suggest that you get your theories straight before dismissing mine. I hope and trust that this discussion does evolve.

In addition, what's irrational about continuing a conversation that could go far in ending an ideological conflict, or at least changing our perspectives of it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins