Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You're Still Wrong About My Opinion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ted Watter on July 30, 2002 00:28:49 UTC

YOu're still missing the point. I don't really care whether biological evolution is scientifically valid or not, I'm convinced it isn't merely because of my religious objections to it. If there was never any evidence against it and there was all the conclusive evindence in the world for it, I still wouldn't buy it. However, I don't have any religious objections to the dialectical procession of ideas or of history, or of anything else except evolution, so please, continue to debate and discuss. Also, you haven't presented a single reason why biological and ideological evolution are the same. Debates are so much more fun if participants actually try some refutation instead of just insulting eachother. And premptively, I haven't read your earlier posts, nor do I intend to; I don't know enough about science to enter into any of those debates. What I was trying to say was that you were confusing the religious and philosophical implications of the theories, which are totally different.

I am also curious to know your justification for claiming that I'm "in over my head." Remember that I haven't contributed to, or discussed any scientific issues in a discourse other than philosophy. And, I understand every argument made in this area quite well. And I suggest that you desist from telling people that their "in over their heads" when you haven't even grasped the theological difference between ideological and biological evolution. And maybe you could use a little more study in those areas.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins