Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Got My Attention With Your Leg Pullin'

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on July 22, 2002 00:59:43 UTC

Hi Mike,

***Unless you just don't see my points or have the time, I bet you're a great one to ask!***

I see your points. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

***Shall I assume my content-related questions were too unimportant or off-topic to address?***

No. Don't assume that.

***That it suited your mood more to be drawn off into another argument with Luis Hamburgh, anonymous Dick-basher of longstanding?***

"Suiting [my] mood" is a good way to characterize the reason I responded to Luis instead of you. Let me explain why I respond when I do. The time I have available to respond is variable and intermittent. That explains the clumps and gaps in my response pattern. When I do have time to respond, I am inclined to respond to someone with whom I disagree, either to get clarification from them, or to offer a new point of view to them. I am disinclined to respond to people who share my views. I think that wastes everyone's time. The highest priority, though, is to respond to anyone who asks me a question or addresses me directly.

In your case, you may have noticed that any time you ask me anything, I usually respond at my earliest opportunity. If, on the other hand, you have posted something in a conversation with someone else and I happen to agree with you, I usually don't respond at all. There have been exceptions, though, when you wrote something so good that I thought it deserved some complimentary remarks even though I agreed with you and you were talking to someone else.

So, to net it out, if you want me to comment, all you have to do is ask me.

I have just been called to dinner and I don't know how to save this so I can continue it later. I'll just post it now and continue in another post when I am not so hungry.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins