Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dr Dick Got The Correct Solution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on July 10, 2002 13:16:19 UTC

but for the wrong reasons. I pointed out the correct solution available in the literature. Statistical probability theory including unknown data, which is the basic problem in taking polls like the Gallop poll from small samples, were used to derive Schroedinger's equation. But inn the literature it was done using math correctly.

I never said that Dick's results were incorrect. I just said his use of the delta function made his math incorrect. I learned about delta functions in college, and used them throughout my PhD program in physics at Harvrd and later when I worked at MIT on the Star Wars missile defense system.

I do not think I am the one lacking understanding. Actually I do not thik Dick is either. He just hates to admit making a mistake. Either that or he is just plain stupid. But I think not.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins