Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Another Condescending Answer

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 8, 2002 15:45:42 UTC

Mario,

Please don't shoot me for this but...

" A condition that, if a living system is given the one set of inputs, could produce multiple possible outputs "

Just exactly what are those multiple possible outputs. Given any set of inputs, any living system will only produce one output. The idea that the organism "chose" one action but could just as well have "chosen" another is, as far as can tell, an article of faith - there's absolutely no evidence for it as the concept is illogical.

" Now, I ask, if this is the case, how does this definition differ from randomness? "

It doesn't! Randomness means "impossible to predict". The only processes which are impossible to predict are those unbound by rules. "Unbound by rules" is just another way of saying "free". But...

I predict you will answer this post. Does that mean you don't really have freewill?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins