Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
With My Last Remaining Restraint, I'll Reply As Civilly As I Can

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 7, 2002 05:31:47 UTC

***My knowledge of God is from the bible I should have explained this before. My fault. Sorry.***

Excuse me. The God of the Bible is amorphous, contradictory, and so forth. There has been more bloodshed in the name of the correct interpretation of that 'loving' God than any political agenda in history. You saying that you KNOW you love God is no different from some redneck troglodyte being so sure HE knows God ("Praise da Lawd and pass da cone bread!") or Osama bin Laden so sure HE does. Your argument is inherently flawed. An opinion based on faith alone is an opinion that one is too lazy or stupid to honestly investigate.

***More Mumbo Jumbo from the non-understanding crowd. Yes he did know that we were going to sin, but we didn't have to! If God takes away the choice then why should we even have the ability to make choices. God knows the future we don't.***

I'm barely holding on from the precipice of kung-fu fisting all over you here. Let me spell this out simply: IF GOD KNOWS THAT I WILL KILL SOMEONE IN TEN YEARS, THERE IS NO WAY I CAN POSSIBLY AVOID DOING THAT. IT IS IN MY FUTURE. IF IT IS SET AND COMPLETELY UNAVOIDABLE, THEN I HAVE NO FREE WILL, SINCE FREE WILL IMPLIES THAT MY CHOICE CAN LEAD TO MULTIPLE OUTCOMES. IF ONLY ONE OUTCOME IS POSSIBLE, I AM PREDESTINED FOR MY FATE, HENCE, NO FREE WILL.

If you can't understand that, then you are quite simply, and quite frankly, a true idiot.

***I tought we were talking wbout the directness of the creation in the sense of the time it takes not how God reacts to that time.***

By the way, if God is all-powerful, why did it take him six days? Why couldn't he just snap his fingers? And why did he need to rest afterwards?

***Millions of people are with him... (though their dead),***

Yes, and according to you, hundreds of billions are burning forever for the dread sin of thinking for themselves.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins