Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
THAT IS A TOTALLY FATALISTIC WORLDVIEW

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Kenny Thornton on July 24, 2002 06:21:53 UTC

If God knows that you are going to kill someone, it's not your destiny. It's not what you live to do! God knows that you are going to, that doesn't mean that He wants you to. That's free will. If you think fatalistically, then no matter what, if your "supposed" to die on aug 5th 2012 you're going to, even if you stay home all day or rob a bank. If you die because you jump a cliff, it was free will to jump the cliff, God didn't push you off! If you get kidnapped and the nappers have ak's, with a fatalistic worldview, you immediately assumed,"I am going to die before this is over", then you accept it without any fight. You assume there is no need to pray for protection, and if the nappers drop the guns, you don't grab them because... you were "supposed to die..." So then you get shot, cause they dropped the guns and you didn't go for em. And good thing God is forgiving anf loving, because when you died after not going for the gun, if I was God (which I'm not anywhere close) I woulda slapped you for not going for the gun and throwing it out the window!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins