Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Well...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on July 6, 2002 02:10:31 UTC

***Could it be that what we experience as "the will to move a limb" is exactly the same thing doctors experience as "neurons, nerves, muscles"?***

Couldn't it be denial on the part of the paralyzee? I mean, when my leg falls asleep to the point of temporary paralysis, no matter how much I want to move it (and often I do, like when I want to walk, for instance) no amount of willpower will help nearly as much as our good ol' friend hemoglobic gettin' down there. I might want to move it in my mind, but if my nerves are unresponsive it don't make no nevermind.

***Which also implies that if matter changes thought, then thought must necessarily be able to change matter.***

Nah. Cause and effect relationships are not always reversable (they MIGHT be, but not neccesarily)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. After 11 hours spend hauling concrete and dealing with resident lunatics and warlords at my friendly neighborhood Home Depot, my brain has the consistency of pudding.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins