Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
From The Naive Atheist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on December 4, 1999 23:17:01 UTC

: Didn't get a chance to finish, but out of sheer impatience hit the submit button anyway.

If God is the compassionate all powerful deity you claim he is, then he wouldn't have need for Christian evangelists trying to convert those gone astray as you put it. Nothing could be beyond his ability, certainly not convincing a mere atheist such as myself. His presence would be felt in every human heart, and his existence would be undeniable. I however, have found that God doesn't convince people. People convince people; that's it.

Furthermore, You still haven't answered my question of being mislead. Let's say hypothetically, that satan created science so that humans would deny God's existence. Let's say that I, being the gullible atheist, falls for this elaborate plan, and being guided by my own false reasoning, came to the conclusion that "I don't think the God you describe could exist in a world like this." Would God then become so enraged and petty that he would hold this against me? Not only would I die, but be sent to Hell (you've said it). Yours seems to be a God of contradictions, more consistent with a human concept than what God really is (if one exists). It seems to me that a God of love wouldn't care what we think, as long as we try to better the world in some way, or love and coexist with each other and nature. That's the central idea of Christianity, I agree, that it's love. I've adopted that into my humanist philosophy, even if I deny the existence of God.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins