Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Subjects

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Earl on December 4, 1999 03:54:41 UTC

Darwin denounced it on his death bed when he came to the end..said he started a study that a lot of young scientists grabbed onto as a religion." Had them sing amazing grace in a church service out back so he could see and hear..the truth.

"It is not a pleasant thing to see an athiest or someone lost to die "I hope I never have to see it again...begging to get the demons off the foot of the bed..and begging to pull them out of the flame because it's so hot right before they pass on to ...where?"

"It is pleasant to see a saved person die who time and time again proclaim to see loved ones, The Lord, or angels coming after them to carry them home."

"I enjoy putting God in the forefront of science and religion, it works out better that way. Some people put Him in the background like a piece of furniture to use only when they need Him."

I enjoy going out at night and looking up at the stars and seeing the multitudes and multitudes of stars, and planets, to LOOK at the UNIVERSE wondering how much can I see, or how much can I not see. The older I get the less stars I seem to see. But, I get great comfort and joy knowing my God Jehovah created them all so wonderously and marvelously beautiful, and yet HE sees me, and in that quiet time of prayer to Him outside, HE speaks back. When the stress of this old life bears down on me so hard, and troubles come so often, it always sends me back outside to talk to my heavenly Father who always makes things more clear and right, and points me in the right direction. "The heavens declare the Glory of God and the firmament His handiworks!"

So what have we derived at? 1. God exists___doesn't exist___ 2. Evolution Real___Not Real____ 3. Jesus Christ Saviour___Just a prophet___ 4. Earth Billions of years____6000 years___ 5. Noahs ark? Real____Not Real___ 6. Big Foot? Real___Not Real____ 7. Satan Real___Not Real____ 8. Demons Real____Not Real___ 9. Heaven Real____Not Real____ 10. Bible True___Lie____ 11. Salvation Needed___Not needed____ 12. Scientists Truthful___Liars_____ 13. Witches Real___Not Real____ 14. UFO's Real___Not Real____

Does it matter what WE think? I think so "whatever a man thinks of himself, so is he" But, in the light of what is and what isn't we don't change what is by our thoughts, we only blind ourselves to what might be; our understanding being dark and unclear even tho we think ourselves to be clear; are we any better for thinking ourselves to think clearly? I think not, for when our own thoughts are thought to be clear, we find they are cloudy, because understanding is limited, to within an area of void, tell me is this why God said "Lean not to your own understanding?" Understanding of what? OF the things we know absolutely nothing about, the eternal created universe: froms eons past to eons present it continues unaltered by what we think or think we know. As God is higher in the heavens above us, so are his thoughts above ours. His signature hidden to foolish men in the heavens, and revealed to simple believing souls, who claim not to have enveloped His universe in their knowledge, but simply believe He made it and made it right. God is sovereign, I'm His child, and everything is going to be alright. From a dateless past to a dateless future He exists, tho the earth existed from billions of years, He was before that. Am I closed minded, or am I just convinced? Suppose that I am brainwashed into thinking what I think? Do I think soberly? Or, am I deceived? Why then do I experience profound proofs? Who is it from within that speaks so softly to my spirit and my soul? "I am He that was, and is, and shall be forever more" "Behold I was dead, now I am alive forever more" "I will help you and keep you and my hand if upon you for good and not for evil because you are my child". Joan of Arc heard voices, they called her a lunatic, they call Christians lunatics because they "talk" with God in prayer, yet secular doctors are experimenting with Christian prayer to heal patients with astounding results. David wilkerson introduces people to Christ who have been in the drug world, and streets of Great Cities, and has 85 percent success rate, yet the Government is only about 10 percent successful with their programs. Most people would say that is par for course, but it does say something. I certainly would rather have everybody believing in Christ and doing good and being a little brainwashed for righteousness than have them shooting our children in schools, and blowing up buildings with children and innocent people. And think about all the evil that has surfaced in the schools since prayer was removed? I really feel like statistics alone prove a need for The Lord in our everyday life. Look how things get worse and worse. Then people say the Christians were also Crusaders in Alexander's day, which was not true, I think everyone knows that. Then they say look at Ireland, Catholics and Protestants warring, etc etc. Which I don't see where that fits in to Christs teaching at all, it has to be just a war between countries, not religions. And look how many homosexuals have surfaced, or came out of the closet in these last days. Look at all the fortune tellers coming out. People are calling good evil and evil good like it prophesied in the Bible. I wouldn't doubt that inquisitions start up again, soon. Bible said he would make war with the saints (Christians) and overcome them, probably because the majority of the world believes what he says.

Einstein was a Jew, thats interesting, born in Germany and grew up in Berlin and made straight "f"s in school except in mathematics which he made straight "a"s . A lot of people are talented in many different ways, God gives gifts out differently to different people the Bible says. Helps makes everyone depend on each other for help. He immigrated to America and was never able to fully learn the English language well, he said "I don't understand the American mind-set, but I cherish the freedom." It is not important that we do all things well, but that we utilize the gifts and talents God gave us with excellence. He overcame his enormous weakness to give humanity his greatest strength. I don't know if he gave God the credit he deserved, but I know he was one of Gods chosen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins