Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Just A Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on December 6, 1999 20:47:45 UTC

Why is it that atheists are lost when they die? Why is it necessary to recant one's sins before dying? That's entirely God's decision whether or not to send someone to hell. What if the unknowing atheist simply was "fooled" into believing there was no God, and upon judgement in the afterlife, decided: "I'm so sorry Lord! I didn't know any better. Please forgive me!" Would God turn around and say: "so sorry son. I had lots of people tell you the truth, and even though I sent my only son to preach forgiveness, I will show no forgiveness myself. Off to hell you go!"

Is it really necessary to be Christian to go to heaven? Where does that leave all the great people that weren't christian but made contributions to improve the world for the better?

Also, your God seems to be able to predict the future, would you not agree (this is important)?

P.S. What talent does God give to a child living poverty that dies of malnourishment at the age of 2?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins