Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hi Jisbond; Have You Read This Book?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on June 12, 2002 17:35:36 UTC

Hi MIM
Economics is a "dismal science" -- surely a legitimate topic...but can we discuss it rigorously or would it be all monkey chatter?
You cited "greed" -- may we precisely define it?

IF it refers to (not defined as) "distribution of currency being based upon ruthless acquisitiveness without adequate counterbalances based upon merit or need"
THEN we would not have a scientific definition.

From a biological perspective, the debate itself has consequences which can skew the merits of the science. So it's very difficult to discuss this scientifically. I believe I could do so in my current state of mental preparation.

One would need not only biological imperatives but also the high-minded ideas of humanity to figure into the discussion, for ideas have consequence in biology. We will form our planet's biosphere based on the quality of our REALLY THINK, not just repeat someone else's nice sounding ideas...and really be "fair,"
not just "equalitarian."

Sincerely,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins