Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Our Writings And Communicating As Some Sort Of Ritual.....

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mohammad Isa Mirsiam on June 7, 2002 01:07:14 UTC

My Reply:
Prayer is more than rituals. No? Some would argue and end up calling our writings and communicating as some sort of ritual (perhaps because we are all somewhat regularly indulging in this particular habit. Perhaps we are all engaged in prayers as we seek to be enlightened. In this we can say we are at prayer; whether we realize that we are at prayer seem to matter not. The witnessing is being done by the hand and the pen in hand and all that is connected to the letters written or being written (the key board in our modern age).

In a way one could say that I am hopeful that I can make myself understood well and not misunderstood. The difficulty I seem to face is being able to explain everything in mechanical or technical or more scientific language.

I read general science books but for fear of making an error I seem to be more comfortable in expressing my thoughts and feelings in words that an average non-technical person could relate to.

My reply, in short, is yes I am finding myself in prayers unto Allah The Praiseworthy Allah. I seem to be conditioned by my faith to always remember Allah First Allah Last Allah Expediter Allah. (This seems to be the best way I know how to be convinced that I am not the one in control of others or even of myself. Do we all agree that this perhaps is the best for an Adam Unit not to become a dictator?

Best Wishes
Jisbond

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins