Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Is There Any Real Kind Of Magical Power, Other Than Science?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on November 28, 1999 15:29:00 UTC

: All the claims and beliefs in magical powers, the only expression of such that I have ever found to be of any real value are the workings of science: chemistry, electricity, even thought (comination of both...). : It makes me wonder about the stories in old texts, if there is something to them, then they must have been knowladgeable in the latest science.

bzrd here: The Old Testament prophets foretold of the rebirth of the nation of Israel in 1948; in addition to the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. The latter prophesy is corraborated by the martyrdom of the apostles, the Dead Sea Scrolls, and most recently, the forensic analysis of the Shroud of Turin. There is evidence of super-natural power[s], though I don't think science would qualify, as it is simply the behavior of matter under the constraints of natural laws. Co-incidentally, [if there is such a thing] I was reading the Old Testament this morning; Joseph [son of Jacob] lived under one of the Egyptian Pharohs who gave him governship over Egypt, as he recognized that Joeseph had God's blessing. It is not unremarkable that the Egyptian civilization would be blessed as an indirect consequence.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins