Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Moses Covered That One

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 6, 2002 14:54:55 UTC

It's in the Talmud. It was part of the oral tradition of moses that did not make it into the bible.

Moses realized that many commandments were contradictory. In such cases the believer is to find the underlying truth that removes the contradiction.

The contradiction here is that there is only one god- so different religions do not have different gods. Judiasm now recognizes that other religions are valid. So do the eastern religions.

The first comandment says to have no other god before me. But all religions have the same god. So practicing all religions is just approaching the same god from different directions.

From what Jesus said (your quotes), god is already in each of us and we in him.

And do not forget that profound truth of Jesus,
"Judge not, lest ye be judged".

Your above post is most definitely a judgement,
which in turn is my judgement of you. Frankly, I think you have alot to learn about Jesus, but your mind may be too closed to learn- more judgements. This forum is full of people judging other people. So I sometimes try to confess mine- see I'm still christian.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins