Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Emperor

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on June 5, 2002 14:28:12 UTC

"Not if he wanted a universe that couldn't be explained with out him. Besides like any artist would he want his audience to see his work?"

Isn't it great when human beings can give "God" human qualities and say it with a straight face.

I think us "Evilutionists" must be a bit more modest of our origins than the bible thumpers the proclaim that "God" is like "any artist".

What makes you think your God operates with the same mind as a human being. Oh... I forgot... the bible told you so. And so on and so on and so on....goes the round and round world of your circular logic.

If God really did make us in his image then Jesus must have raped, murdered, stole and gotten really hammered here on earth. Aren't those also human attributes? God only is the good part of us and the other part is satan. How childish and made up does that sound? It reminds me of a kids book! Get real.

Why is it that "fundies" insist on bringing God down to our level, to our mental capabilities? It baffles me. If there is a God (which I believe there is, more of a binding force in my opinion), what makes anyone believe that it is human-like in its decision making process? It is ridiculous. If God is human-like, he can give me a ring and tell me all about heaven and hell, angels and demons, and the everlasting peace salvation brings. Until then, I will have my own visions of the "almighty".

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins