Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Need A Kick In The Shin! :)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 5, 2002 14:17:05 UTC

"If you can prove to me, with 100% certainty, any statement (for example, prove to me that you exist, with your own consciousness, and are not just a figment of my imagination.) I will be amazed. It can't be done."

How about you give me your address, and I come over and kick you in the shin? :) Would that prove I exist?

"As long as you admit that continental drift DOES take place then I won't fly into a mad rage."

Yes it does, I was never agruing that. The argument is about how much they have moved, if they broke up, etc.

"I get mad when people lump every non-fundie idea into the 'evolution' category and then go into debates with that preconception."

I guess I have done this, sorry about that. But I would like to talk about those issues, even if they have nothing to do with evolution.

"But evolutionary theory says nothing about the nature of that origin nor about what started life."

I understand. But the problem with that is you are basing an entire theory on something that we have no idea how it happened, and you just say 'oh this theory doesn't cover that'. ??? Can you do that?

I make it easy on you. Just answer these questions.

How do you believe the universe started (before the big bang) and why?

How do you think life arose from non-living material?

I know you are athiest (I thought you said that), so I do not expect a 'God did it'.

Me: "I'm only 3 years behind you"

You: "You would be amazed how much you can learn in so short a time. I came here a year and a half ago and learned an incredible amount of science and philosophy. You just have to expose yourself to it."

I'm not saying you are not smarter than me, although you believe in a completely false theory. Maybe I am smarter than you! :)
Just kidding. But could you really have learned what science is capable of? That was my point last post. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins