Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yeah.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on June 12, 2002 05:10:50 UTC

"Then why do we need one? It seems like an unneccesary artifact if it's unneeded for life, consciousness, emotion, etc."

It is needed to communicate with God, and with eachother one a higher level. I believe we are the only beings on earth to do that.

"Wolves will care for their sick and infirmed. Dolphins will work together to take down a shark that threatens their pod. A mother killdeer will pretend to be injured to lure predators away from her nest. It's not completely different."

Yes, but I think humans are different in the sense that not everybody does the same thing like animals. Mother killdeer always protect the babies, dolphins don't just sit there when a shark attacks, but humans do not always act on these 'instincts'. We make choices very differently than animals. I think animals are almost like computers, they act a certain way when a certain thing happens (in most situations). But humans react differentally in all types of situations. I probably won't react the same way my Father does to the same situation, where as an animal would probably react the same way that animal always has.

My point is kinda tough to communicate, but I hope you get the idea.

73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins