Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Church State Separation

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on June 3, 2002 14:08:47 UTC

It's OK to teach YEC as religion. But it cannot be taught as science. That is the law in this country.

The Jesus quote occurs just before he starts his Sermon on the Mount.

I have proved that all the YEC statements on astronomy are incorrect.

You are correct to suggest that the only one that makes sense is that god started the world 6,000 years ago in an instant with light already on its way to us. However, that is a religious belief and not valid science. To be valid science it has to be fallsifiable and there is no way to determine scientifically if it happened or not.

I do believe in god and that god is constantly breating universes and making things happen in each universe all the time. I come to this conclusion from the way that god controls my life. If he controls me, he controls everything. However, he does with a minimum expenditure of energy, which is also why science works so well.

God created our universe so that intelligent life would then evolve with his guidance and eventually feed that intelligence back into the godhead. That makes us very important to god. God needs us as much as we need god, and eventually we will all become part of god. That is a hell of alot better than heaven.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins