Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
S.P.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 30, 2002 12:56:06 UTC

"You should never be given orders to believe in Christ, I'm sorry that happened to you"

Not orders to believe in Christ, orders to go to church!!!

Listen... I have heard your propaganda all before. You are not looking skeptically at the church if you are asking church people to help you figure out you dilemas with scripture. That is like saying "I really don't know if I believe in God or not - I know, I'll pray to God about it and he can tell me if he exists or not. Isn't life grand!!!"

I know you aren't going to think about what I say, because you are too set in your ways (at age 16 I might add!!!).

All organized religion is based on money, power, and greed. Jesus wouldn't step foot in a church, in my opinion. The climate of elderly folk grasping to make it in to heaven, brainwashed kids reciting what their parents feed them, and scared middle aged people who probably thought for themself at one point but got scared when faced with the alternative (no afterlife).

Did you ever think that religion could be spawned from our fear of death. I mean, we do know from an early age that we will die someday. What kind of effect does that have on ones mind-set? Just a thought, certainly not a fact - I would need some tangible, observable, empirical evidence to support it.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins