Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Friends

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 29, 2002 16:40:39 UTC

"This is the problem, as I see it, with many fundies. They live an isolated life surrounded by fundy friends and fundy parents, but rarely get into the gritty side of the world, the sometimes painful and melancholy side, just to see what their reaction will be."

This is probably true of many 'fundies', but not of me. I have several friends who are as far from fundamental as can be. They come from broken homes, they don't go to church (unless we bring them), they have all kinds of piercings, and well......they are just not fundamentalist. But it doesn't matter, an important part of the christian faith is to witness to others. God loves them the same as me.

"If you're willing to look past the corruption and general silliness out there, looking for all mankind has to offer can be a far more enlightening experience than Bible-reading."

There should be a balance. If you just read the Bible that's bad, but if you just experience mankind that's bad too. There should be a balance between them. KC2GWX 73's

P.S. My parents are the youth leaders!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins