Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Mike W. Pearson

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 28, 2002 17:43:56 UTC

This is what you wrote -

http://www.astronomy.net/forums/god/messages/17769.shtml

The truth about Cliff, once and for all.

Cliff Riley is a mixture of 2 people.

1.) Cliff Sampson - He was my Sunday school teacher when I was 8 years old. Picture a man with great morals, but well below average intelligence. This was common knowledge for all the people in the church, but he was loved for his committment to the church. He is the inspiration for the part of Cliff that is staunch in his beliefs, but always falls short of convincing because of stupid, innane comments.

2. Tony Riley - Tony was my father's best friend and my "godfather". Great man, but the biggest redneck hillbilly that you would ever meet. My dad and he were high school buddies. Tony went to the war and my dad went to college. After the war they reunited and he spent a lot of time at our house. Tony found God in the war. He had a near death experience and couldn't explain what he had encountered. Tony drives a truck and is what I would call a beer drinking, pot smoking, bible thumper. Great guy!! The type of Christian your parents warned you about.

There you have it. You spoiled all the fun, Mike. I felt I had to come clean with the Cliff
persona, and I hope you understand why I said he was real. Not literally real, but real in the sense that I know them and they exist. If not in one man, but in two. Between the two of them they make an interesting Christian character. Although I could never bring Tony's substance abuse into the character, because that would be too much. I will use Cliff again, because Cliff has a purpose and a point - he will live on in the hearts and minds of us all.

BTW, if Scott(which is me) gives an opinion on something then you can believe that it is the truth. Not truth as in scientific truth, but the truth according to me in my views and opinions.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins