Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Pearson/Abernathy Poll

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 29, 2002 13:23:31 UTC

This is what Mike said (and what a response it was!!)

"Response:
I've identified the town I live in, my appearance,
my biography, my alma mater. You're just some Scott Abernathy among a practically infinite number of them...
A journalist, attorney, or scientist could not cite you as a source because you're anonymous.
So your opinion, while vulgar, has very little weight...unless you are willing to weigh in and be
a specific Scott Abernathy from a specific town.
Or go on being a coward and a vicious one at that."

For the record I don't know any of those things about you, could you please send me the information.

What do you specifically want to know about me, Mike? What is it that is missing from your little archive of information? What good would it do you to know where I live, or where I went to school. Sorry, but I don't buy anything off the web and I don't give out personal information like that to strangers. The truth be told, Scott is my middle name. Abernathy is my last name, and I will not tell you my real first name. I guess I am not that trusting of people with that sort of information (I have a family and you could be a nut case). Everything I have told you about myself is truth. If you choose not to believe me then I feel sorry for you, but it will not change the fact that you don't need to know my personal information.

I don't care if any of the above professional people want to cite me. What the hell are you talking about? The more I hear you blather on about pointless, useless Language Removed - the more I am sure that I am doing the right thing about keeping my home and first name secret.

So I will go on being a coward in the forum while you continue to believe you are perfect and genius.

I propose a popularity poll!!

This goes out to Sam, Aaron, Harv, Mario, and anyone else who has been posting from time to time.

Answer simply by putting a Mike or a Scott by the corresponding number -

1. Who is a bigger Language Removed?
2. Who spews forth more incoherent posts?
3. Who curses the "network"?
4. Who is a bitter man?
5. Who would you rather sit down a drink a beer with? (soda pop if you are underage)
6. Who do you like better?

Any additional information please provide so that Mike can save it along with every other post everyone has written. Remember to make your statements logical in case any journalists are going to be citing your comments.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins