Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Harv's "True" And "Not True" Are Sometimes Exactly The Same

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Box Holder on May 24, 2002 19:31:31 UTC

If all you had to do was say something ignorant,
I'd say Harv has just prompted the following...but it was due anyway.
Thanks for the other amicable comments though, Harvey1.

ANYWHO:
1) I don't claim to be some other person who lives in some other place and/or hs some other opinion. You guys' comments on this are sloppy like some other things you write.

2)I don't care that much if Scott wants to have a poorly-drawn alter ego since it is clearly Scott and his ideas are hose-able as such.

3) If I had believed you cared, I'd have posted a note of appreciation earlier than now for some of the fine thoughts and links you each have posted lately.

4) While deserving credit for approaching the topic area with deep concern, the statement that Bible Readers are the most dangerous folks seems to ignore the facts that:
a) until the 1890s the Catholic church forbade reading the Bible without having proper credentials. Chief among those who most attacked academia were folks who did not read the Bible. That latter alone indicts your confused attack on grounds of historical ignorance
b) among our appreciative Bible readers are most of the founders of modern science, including many great nonconformists, Gregor Mendel, and Charles Darwin's whole family
c) Scott and Mario show evidence of not having read enough of the Bible or related history to
critique it effectively in the adult world.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins