Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Again...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 23, 2002 17:04:19 UTC

"The most fundamental fact is the age of the light that astronomers detect from distant galaxies. This has to be refuted or YEC comes crashing down. After we establish the truth or inaccuracy of distant and old light, we can address the other perhaps less factual dating methods.

This fundamental problem is so serious to YEC that some of them are claiming that they universe is old but the earth is young. I hope you are honest enough to find this cop-out unacceptable."

The earth is young, and the universe is too. Here is a good link about starlight:

http://www.icr.org/research/df/df-r01.htm

I don't really know much about starlight and the age of the universe, but just because I don't know
one part doesn't mean it all isn't true. I think
you said you already read that article, and it about sums it up.

For some reason, you can't seem to get past this starlight thing. I've explained it as best I can,
I've given you the best links I can, I can't do any more. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins