Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Link You Gave Me Agrees With Me

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 23, 2002 23:38:02 UTC

You should read the stuff you refer to. You have not explained anything to my satisfaction. If the universe is billions of years old as the astronomers have proven and as Faulkner seems to agree with, then the YEC is plainly incorrect.

For YEC to be correct, everything has to be less than 10,000 years old. But the light we see from other galaxies is much older than that, and that can be proven repeatably with experiment and observation.

If you are honest and cannot at least provide me with a link that refutes my contention, not one that agrees with me, then in your honesty you will have to give up belief in YEC.

Saying that you do not understand is not enough. You have to find a YEC scientist who does understand and can credibly debate the subject.

BTW- I notice that all of the scientists on the ICR site are from second rank institutions. From my cursory reading it seems that the geology and biology there is pretty good. But there is just no good physics or astronomy on the site. The one impact statement on astronomy is written by a non-scientist who got his degree in polemics.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins