Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Ja

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 23, 2002 03:52:14 UTC

I get frustrated too, but I'm more afraid of not arguing than continuing to argue. Sam seems like a decent guy, but his kind of faith is dangerous on a large scale. I can only hope that being available to debate and talk can shed some light on the subject. I think a main reason why fundamentalists avoid and criticize scientists is that when someone brings up a creationist opinion to a serious scientist, 95% of the time his reaction will be "What the hell is wrong with you?!" This tends to drive folks off. :) Sam certainly is upper echelon when it comes to creationism, though, I have to give him credit for that. On the other hand, I've argued with fundamentalists before who didn't know about fossil strata or distant galaxies being billions of light years away. I can only hope that at least pointing in the direction of scientific data can help these people.

I just finished freshman year (undergrad), I'm studying to be an electrical engineer. It's fun, but difficult. I don't have much formal knowledge on the subjects I talk about, I just enjoy talking about them. :)

How about you? So what's your story? :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins