Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Still Don't Understand

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on May 22, 2002 12:47:50 UTC

It is not about being right... it is about having faith. Nobody every said that faith = being right!! Faith is something you believe in because you "feel" it in your heart and soul. Science is a man made construct. It is ony useful in determining that which we see, hear, touch, smell, and taste on a daily and obervable basis. God is all of these and none of these at the same time. God is an enigma that is beyond our reach to figure out completely. The world is full of mysteries and science is weeding out the superstition of our primitive cultures. In 75 years evolution will have "evolved" into something different, but I believe the premise will be the same. More details will be filled in and our knowledge base will have expanded. Techniques will get better and science will be progressing further in its pursuit of truth. BTW, I have no respect for ANY organized religon. If you are protestant, catholic, jewish, or whatever - I think it all stinks. I respect the people within the religion, but the institution is set up on the idea of thought control and excludes individuals from free thinking. I think the work individuals do within a church is, at times, noble and worthwhile. I know it sounds contridicting, but I just believe that way. I am even willing to say that I am biased and could be way off. Why? Because it is just a belief, it is not based on widespread evidences. Somethings are believed and some things are supported by evidence.

Nothing you have brought forth in this forum can't be refuted by evolutionary biology. You have posed problems, but then you pose no solutions other than "God did it". Try looking and reading evolutionary websites and then look at your creationist websites. Totally different!! One is propaganda (full of advirtisements and selling christian books), the other is scientific, respectful, and fair. If you could be objective for 5 minutes you could see this. Your blinders prevent you from doing this and you only see the world in black and white.

Did you look at any of the information in the website I gave you? www.talkorigins.org

Very helpful in providing information in a balanced and fair manner.

Scott

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins