Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmm...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 15, 2002 21:39:00 UTC

"I have proven to you that you are not being scientific"

Umm.......How is that? You have proven me to not be scientific? Please clarify.

"The book, "The Genesis Flood" was put out decades ago and has since become laughable in the scientific community."

Not to offend you, but are you in the scientific communtiy? If you are, then why is this book laughable? John C. Whitcomb and Henry M. Morris
presented an excellent model with much evidence of a great flood.

"Do you believe that our atmosphere has changed? Do you believe that organisms respond to their environments? Do you burn in the sun? Are you vulnerable to virus attacks?"

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. How is this evidence for evolution?

"Fossil hunting is relatively in its infancy. You will not have that as an arguement for long. Fossils are turning up everyday to fill in the gaps - just wait!!"

Whoa is this an odd statment!! Infancy?? Charles
Darwin said the same thing.........140 years ago!
Fossils are not turning up everyday and this arguement is and always will be the best argument
against evolution.

"If discrediting evolution is your objective then fine - I support that because it is part of the scientific process. Just don't hide behind the bible."

I am trying to discredit evolution, but how am I 'hiding behind the Bible'? Have I quoted a single scripture?

"I answered your questions to the best of my ability and still you find ways to twist what I say."

I am truly sorry if you think I have, in any way, twisted what you have said. I am simply trying to
show the folly of your line of thinking.

"I hope we can both take something positive away from this dialouge."

I think we may have already. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins