Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
It Is Unbelievable!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 16, 2002 03:46:59 UTC

Me: "Not to offend you, but are you in the scientific community? "

You: "Yes I am."

Not to offend you again, but where did you recieve your degree?

"If climate and atmospheric composition changes, then do you think that might affect organic populations and reproduction processes. Lets see... organisms adapt to cold climates... it gets hotter... vegetation changes.... predator/prey relationships change.... diets change.... populations fluctuate.... mutations arise naturally... some beneficial.... extinctions occur...other species take over their niche... evolution!!! Change over time. Small incremental change over time, or punctuated equilibrium (long times of no change... rapid changes to climate induce rapid changes in phenotypes/genotypes)."

Yet again (I don't know how many times I will have to say this until you get it) MICROevolution
is not evidence against creation!!!! MICROevolution does not lead to MACROevolution.
There is no evidence for this! None! Not a single
transitional fossil! I'm going to address this confusion of microevolution and marcoevolution in a new thread soon.

You: "Wow!! A whole 140 years ago."

You don't think that 140 years is enough to find ONE fossil that supports evolution? Just ONE fossil in 140 years?

"Sam Patterson's favorite evolution follies and bloopers - only 49.95 and will ensure instant salvation and the answers to all the really tough questions."

Hey, that is not a bad idea! Of course, you would recieve a free copy for your help!

"...and will ensure instant salvation..."

What does this mean? Did I ever claim that the belief in creation had anything to do with salvation? A christian who believes in evolution
with go to heaven when he dies. Belief in the begining of the universe does not matter on the road to salvation. But once you are a christian, I believe it is important. KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins