Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Logical Fallacies

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on May 11, 2002 17:12:48 UTC

Rather than saying "we observe that the universe seems to operate under these principles, therefor I believe X," you are saying "Since I believe X, the universe must operate on these unobserved principles." That is flawed reasoning. You can't assume at the outset that you're right, and then apply vague assertations to the universe around us. If your only reason for belief is "Well, I was raised that way" or "I just have faith" then I can tell you right now that we're not going to get along very well. :) Do you have any evidence or reasons for your faith?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins