Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Bias

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Sam Patterson on May 11, 2002 19:07:47 UTC

What your basically saying (I think) is that I should interpret the evidence without bias. But that really is immpossible. Someone can take the
exact same evidence and interpret in in many different ways. Nearly everyone has a bias. For
example, if I gave you clear-cut evidence which
made an excellent case for creation, you (or at least almost all people who believe in evolution)
would simply interpret the evidence another way, or simply dismiss it. Creationist do the same thing. Do you really think I could make you a creationist? Or does your faith in evolution, like mine in creation, automatically try to fit
the evidence into your beliefs? That's why me giving you evidence or me giving you evidence is most likely a futile arguement, because we probably can not change each others minds. Maybe you are completely un-biased, but you would be the first
person I have ever seen if that were so.

And about not getting along well. :) Just because we have different viewpoints does not mean we won't get along. I look forward to many interesting arguements, and I hope you won't take
anything I say peronsally. :) KC2GWX 73's

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins