Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Distinguish "the Story" From "the Religion?"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Pearson on May 6, 2002 21:09:30 UTC

You have me in a mystery...
It seems to me the source book
is highly important in defining the religion.
but you say,
"Your explanation doesn't explain why Christianity is more valid than any other religion. You offer no evidence other than the STORY. The STORY is not evidence. Its a story."
You also say,
"Here is another thing that I have wondered ... What about the different christian faiths? Which one of the interpretations am I supposed to believe? Does it matter? What happens if you only get in to heaven if your catholic? Same goes for other faiths and their schisms. .."

I take responsibility for what I am supposed to believe. If you truly want me to decide for you, then I will expect to be paid, of course...for I will then need to purchase liability insurance in case you sue me for giving you a line of baloney and insisting it's true. Tee hee.
hey, that's about what religions usually do.
A few don't...but I don't mind paying a little for ambiance.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins