Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Or You Could ...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Ian on May 7, 2002 12:32:09 UTC

... try and give me a straight answer. When someone who is equally educated in all religions is given a choice, which religion could they choose?

That ends up being a personal choice, not based on fact or evidence but based on enviroment and personal relationships. Science on the other hand is directly based on facts and evidence of what is observed. Science is not a personal choice and is not based on personal relationships.

The only reason that I can see that creationists fight evolution because they feel if evolution is true then religion has no meaning. This should not be the case. Just because the findings overwhelmingly favor science doesn't mean that one has to give up faith. Like I said faith is a personal thing. People shouldn't give up on their faith but faith is not science. Evolution has happened and will continue to happen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins