Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Paul

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on May 6, 2002 13:59:10 UTC

I do not agree that it's just a VR process. For example, Dick's derivation requires a flat space so that the shift 'a' is the same for all data points. When space curvature is high, as in the presence of a large mass, then the 'a' shift is in different directions for different data points. That in itself shows that Dick's fundamental equation is not the complete story of physics.

However, it is very interesting that such a result can be obtained for flat space.

Since my training is in E&M, I like to think of Dick's work in terms of the detection of E&M waves as photons. In that process, which is described by Schroedingers equation with the V(x) term equal to zero, namely the wave equation, the data points are obtained one at a time. Then the summation over i reduces to one point.

As a function of time we obtain a collection of points that tells us exactly what psi, the wave function, is.

In this case the function F cannot be zero, as when you remove the data point from the data, there is nothing left. No need for unknowable data as the data point is unique. No need for a tau axis either. You cannot get two data points with the same values if there is inly one data point at each point in time.

The four constraint equations, (minus the delta function one derived from F), given by eq(1.25) then can be solved directly to obtain exponentials, which are consistent with the wave equation.

So I wonder why the derivation does not seem to work when a single data point is obtained a each point in time. Since we may take smaller and smaller time intervals, it seems that any collection of numbers that represents reality can be reduced to a single data point at each point in time.

Any thoughts on this seeming contradiction?

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins