Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
VR Game - Why Not?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on May 6, 2002 20:47:29 UTC

Hi Richard,

***I do not agree that it's just a VR process. For example, Dick's derivation requires a flat space so that the shift 'a' is the same for all data points. When space curvature is high, as in the presence of a large mass, then the 'a' shift is in different directions for different data points.***

I did not pretend to convince you that the universe is a VR game. I only claimed that we can't prove that it is not. For example, it is a simple matter of programming (SMOP) to set a VR game in a flat space or a curved space at your option.

***That in itself shows that Dick's fundamental equation is not the complete story of physics.***

I can't confirm or deny that this is shown, but I know of no claim by Dick that his equation represents the complete story of physics. It only represents the necessary constraints on physics. There are undoubtedly many degrees of freedom beyond those constraints.

***Any thoughts on this seeming contradiction?***

Sorry. Only confused thoughts. You lost me way back at the beginning.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins