Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Something Specific

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on April 30, 2002 08:47:04 UTC

But first, I didn't mean to endorse 'ignorance' when I typed that it is a meme. Of course, "What nature selects might not be good." What nature selects is, of course, is just what nature (pattern of spontaneous activity) selected. Right.
All I meant when I said that I liked 'ignorance' was that we find people in the world living in an influence of an astonishing variety of philosophies and thinking themselves to be doing the absolutely correct things. They die doing that and they never know. Say, for example, my father who is a staunch Muslim. He has lead his whole serving the causes of a religion which he never questioned. He just never thaught that why he always knew so surely that 'Islam' provided the finest path to live and why he always knew that he had a purpose. On the other hand, we know that there is no meaningful purpose to our existence (or atleast I think that way). But, if my father thinks the way he does, this approach doesn't make him an evil man as we must remember that there are no absolutes. So, that implies that 'ignorance' (defined earlier) is no 'evil' in the traditional sense.
That is what I wanted to say in the first post. I don't know why didn't you understand the point.
Secondly, I wanted from you an explanation of this: "internally inconsistent and biologically negligent". What does this mean? Please clearly state what do you want to say.
Moreover, you seem a bit cynical. Please avoid it. (nt) of course means 'no text'.

Yasir.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins