Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'm Not Sorry You're Here, Mike

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Paul R. Martin on April 29, 2002 03:59:25 UTC

Hi Mike,

Thanks for you're interest, Mike. I was afraid no one would bother to read my post.

***In the preceding quotes where you are raking Luis over the coals, there is a little omission -- "quantification." Yes, information is lost -- in information theory, the question is, "How much information is lost?"***

Again, thanks for asking. That's a fair question. The lost information is easy to quantify in terms of edges. A tesseract, or hypercube, has 32 edges. Luis' degenerate projection has 20 edges. So the loss is 12 edges. These are the 12 edges of the cube which has been degenerated into a single point at the center of his figure.

A similar quantification could easily be done in terms of vertices or faces. Essentially, the information contained in one cube has been lost.

Warm regards,

Paul

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins