Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Forgot The Title Of This Post...really !

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 29, 2002 06:10:02 UTC

I wrote the post, then went browsing again
and tho I had copied it onto the clipboard,
the title disappeared into another of my dimentions.

Hi, Paul

Hi Paul,
I'm glad you can argue with Luis on this, for I have a couple of holes in my thinking about stretches of 3-D
geometry. Without fear of seeming ignorant, which I fear less than wasting your time, may you find a question or two you might address...

Would mobility in these other dimensions be especially useful in making molecular machines or something? Could one travel throughout the universe and/or manipulate matter and energy in transcendent ways without these illustrations?
Do those dimensions exist for sure, or are they
mathematical maybes only for now?
And while I accept your verdict as being pertinent and useful on the subject you just described,
I also ask your subjective estimate of HOW MUCH the
20-edge example failed to illustrate a higher dimension. If it would not give away too many secrets, would you please rank the information loss you just described (32 to 20 sides) in terms of how it affected the problem of illustrating higher dimensions??

Thank you for corresponding and for inviting
Dr. Dick Stafford...it is amazing that such conversations have taken place anywhere.
I haven't comprehended everything I've read
...fairly far from it.

I would certainly be glad for any lucid answer which you feel addressed some part of the foregoing...even if I asked nonsense questions,
maybe it will inspire you to offer another thought which might joggle my mind to the next higher level !
Slightly above standard temperature and pressure
regards,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins