Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sorry, But I Am Here With You

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael W. Pearson on April 28, 2002 20:12:45 UTC

Paul wrote:
"The degeneracy of your figure does indeed
simplify the figure, but you must be aware that you have lost information as a result."

and

"I think the ideas you presented represent just how poorly you understand science and mathematics."

Unfortunately, Paul, you do not have your own
universe in which you are God. You seem to have
a real capacity for warmth and insight.

In the preceding quotes where you are raking
Luis over the coals, there is a little omission
-- "quantification." Yes, information is lost -- in information theory, the question is, "How much information is lost?"

It is an Law of Science that one cannot fail to meet a standard in a cse where that standard is not established, whether empirically or by calculation.
In this case, the standard, which was not quoted was, "Paul's standard for how much information may be lost before communication fails."

The whole thing is mush to me...

Warm retards,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins