Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Back Is Not Up

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 27, 2002 17:21:42 UTC

Scott,

I have no problem with how you responded. Perhaps you think I responded poorly. But back to our little debate.

You seem to think that the ancients understood enough about the requirements for life to logically reason out the necessary events to obtain life and human life on earth.

That is a quite valid hypothesis. Certainly just as valid as my hypothesis that a supernatural intelligent being or beings could somehow have realized the correct sequence.

To elaborate a bit on my hypothesis. A necessary condition for my hypothesis to be valid is that a supernatural medium exists in which intelligent beings can exist for periods of time comparable to the age of life on earth. It also seems likely that other planets have experienced the same progression (as you put it) to life forms and intelligent beings. But the same necessary condition applies there for the supernatural beings to know the sequence from chemistry to biology and finally intelligence.

I believe that the supernatural medium is dark matter which, if it contains sufficient numbers of axions, is a superfluid capable of at least information storage and hopefully intelligence. Such intelligent super beings could easily migrate throughout our galaxy because of the pervasiveness of dark matter, but perhaps not from galaxy to galaxy. (Except recently some cosmologists have suggested that high winds in the early universe could move visible matter from galaxy to galaxy).

So the very first planets to produce intelligence would then result in intelligent beings in the dark matter. These planets are probably close to the center of the galaxy where cosmic radiation and mutation rate are much higher than out here at the edge of the galaxy. These intelligent beings would then be able to observe the development of life on other planets and note that the sequence from oceans to land animals was common to each planet developing life.

These same beings would also note that once intelligent life developed, it was only an epoch (not an era) before they developed nuclear weapons and occasionally, or perhaps fairly often, literally blew themselves up. So these same intelligent super beings would try to influence humaniods on other still developing planets to be peaceful so as to aviod nuclear suicide. I think that our scriptures, which rather consistently preaches peace, may be these supernatural and intelligent beings conditioning human life so as to avoid destruction of the earth. They of course would also tell us of the era by era development of life on earth.

So there seems to be at least 3 alternative hypotheses:
1. God the creator of the universe told us
2. Supernatural intelligent, formerly human-like people, told us
3. Humans figured out for themselves what was required for the development of life and intelligence without the aid of any modern science.

I lean towards 2. I do so because of the appearance of modern scientific findings in ancient scriptures: for example, string theory dimensions and compactification in Abrahams Book of Creation; and quarks in the Rig Veda and Sri Bagavatum. Smolin's black hole cosmology is also in the Bagavatum, but this is still scientific speculation. This forum has also reported that black holes and the expansion of the universe is in the Koran. I do not think humans could figure all that out on their own.

My post entitled 'link to the hundredth monkey' elaboartes a bit on the mechanisms of the dark matter and its supernatural properties.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins