Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Link To Hundredth Monkey Story

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 26, 2002 14:25:05 UTC

http://www.sfheart.com/hundredth_monkey.html

The two libraries I frequent do not have the book- actually two books. One that tells the story and another that says it's hogwash.

I find the story fascinating whether true or not as it expresses a threshold of consciousness.

Frolich has hypothesized an energy threshold for consciousness in humans. With sufficient energy the dipoles in the membranes of your brain can act collectively as a Bose-Einstein Condensate BEC so that quantum waves are coherent on a macroscopic scale in your brain. Take away the energy a you fall asleep.

So that is one example of a consciousness threshold. The Monkey story illustrates another kind of threshold based on complexity. It says that if there is sufficient complexity in a mental system, then the various parts of the system can communicate as if they were holistic.

So the human brain, I hypothesize, requires both the surpassing of an energy and a complexity threshold to be conscious. I would guess that the human brain is much more complex than the complexity of a system of 100 monkey brains. So humans probably surpassed the complexity threshold millions of years ago, and we became self-conscious.

Self-consciousness requires, in my opinion, a secondary BEC, so that the second can be conscious of the first. The secondary consciousness in what you experience in sleep. I claim that the mechanism is a BEC in dark matter axion super fluid that is at absolute zero temperature.

That is the mechanism that would operate to allow communication at a distance in the 100 monkey story. It is the mechanism that operates in the out-of-body communications researched by Stanford Research Institute.

But here is the point I want to get to.

Goedel's Incompleteness Theorem is based on a system of math exceeding a complexity threshold. For example, it applies to arithmetic but not to plane geometry. Plane geometry is rigorous. Everything can be deduced from its axioms and definitions. But in arithmetic and more complex math systems, there always are solutions or theorems that cannot be dedeuced from the axioms. They are called emergent physics, in physics.

We know that these solutions are correct for we can create a more general system of math in which the emergent solutions can be deduced from axioms.

So here is my leap of faith. I believe that Goedel's math applies to physics and that it suggests that when a physical system is sufficiently complex, it can realize things that can only be deduced in even more complex, or powerful, physical systems.

In addition, I hypothesize that this form of communication only occurs in the quantum wave regime. So most every person alive cannot sense or be conscious of this form of communication. Humans can only sense particles, not the quantum waves that the particles are collapsed from.

Humans, and probably monkeys, sense quantum waves via feelings. The monkeys were then 'inspired' to wash the sweet potatoes, just as humans are inspired to invent things.

Scientists have long wondered why once a thing or concept is invented in one part of the world, it is suddenly invented in other parts of the world with no apparent connection.

So communication to your higher self, to other selfs, and perhaps to and from god, is in my opinion based on Goedel math. It is a math mechanism or info theory mechanism which applies to quantum waves. It is also my opinuion that all coherent quantum systems can communicate on this level regardless of whether the quantum system is based on dipoles or electrons or axions. Those are just the background media that support macro coherent quantum waves. It is the quantum waves themselves that are universal.

I could go on and on, but all the above has been said before on this forum. Thanks for the opportunity to say it again.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins