Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why Are You So Wishful?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on April 26, 2002 09:01:07 UTC

May be because that is all people can do when they can't be objective.
All you have posted here is nothing but wishful thinking. Please don't get disappointed with that and also don't jump onto conclusions very quickly. All that is out there is not what it seems. Well, what is out there? And how do I know? That is upto to you to find out. At the end of the day, it is you who is going to be the judge. So, please respect every thought, every dogma before you rule it out. Of course, all of us know that but we seldom realize. Don't we?
Do you want me to give you an example?
See.
If you really want to think, please think carefully. Have you ever asked yourself the question that why 'we all know' that we are here for a purpose? Who told you that?
Come on. If you have already asked this question to yourself, ask it again.
Have you ever heard the word 'memetics' or the likes of it? Search it. Read Dawkins or Susan Blakemore. This is not the only question you should ask yourself, of course. But, to start with, this is not a bad point at all.
Also remember that if you really want to get answers and if you are really serious about 'finding' God- the supernatural truth (hah!), try to find answers objectively. If you find Him, tell me about it, I'll be with you. :)You must understand the problem that the question is not that whether there is God or not. The question is: Are we good enough to know that? And what if we are not? If you really start thinking and escape all the prejudice that surrounds your existence, you might just find out very soon where the 'truth' is.
Plus, if you want to keep faith, you must know that I really hate suggesting somebody to give up his faith. Why? Because as long as faith is harmless to other people, it always brings goodness to life. "Ignorance is bliss." And you must understand that 'ignorance' is not such a bad thing in this case. Ask me. Ignorance (here defined as: inability to break the subjective shackles and taste the objective way of thinking) is a naturally selected cultural unit that replicates just as 'the living molecule' (DNA) does, generation after generation. Such a unit is called a 'meme'.
And please, don't jump onto conclusions so quickly. You must understand that what does 'being objective in thinking' means. It means that one must keep his "feelings", his "emotions" and all the 'meme' stuff away from his mind while thinking and contemplating. This is all a prejudice (and what can I say more about this?) and nothing else. Of course, being objective is the most difficult task especially when it comes to memes. But if you really are serious, just hang in there. I think that it is about time that you should start looking towards your existence in a different way.
If you think, at the end, that I was harsh in this post. Think again.Sometimes 'reality'(here: anything that opposes cherished views or 'memes')really bites and bites hard.
If all this has not inspired you to be objective, I don't know what will. But, once again, I have an advice for you. Think twice before you use the word "God", next time.

Yasir.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins