Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Example Of Your Logic

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 25, 2002 13:29:05 UTC

Thanks for providing an example of your logic. Mario knows if he is you. It's as simple as that. If Mario is not you or anyone else on this forum, he knows it, regardless of whather you raise the question.

***Mario does not know that he is not Scott.***

Althought this is taken out of context, the rest of the text is equal in logic. I cannot prove it but I strongly suspect that Mario knows who he is and who he is not.

***If he knew who Scott were, then he would know that he was not him.***

The implication of this statement is that if Mario does not know who you are, he cannot know who he is.

***Mario can not know the answer to the question because I am not him.***

Mario obviously knows who he is regardless of who you are. Since he was here long before you, it is more likely that you he invented you than you he. But his knowledge of who he is has nothing to do with what you know or say except if he happened to invent you.

I would like to pursue this discussion for I see a number of posters using this kind of logic. Please notice that I am not calling you names. I am just pointing out something that seems illogical.

Regards,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins