Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks For The Reply

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on April 24, 2002 16:14:42 UTC

My place of work is so slow today I have no computers to troubleshoot, so I get some time to think (and post).

I wasn't aware that we weren't on civil speaking terms.

When I said "I didn't come from no God" I guess I did state that I am an atheist, but that was not my intent. I don't remember exactly why I added that, but I think it was a sarcastic remark, because sometimes I get tired of people who know it all yet don't know anything, so to speak.

Also, any evidence I post for the reason of my not believing in God would be unacceptable to you (and to me) for the same reasons that you gave for science being unable to test for God.

About philosophy, you're right. To say what philosophy means would be a hard thing to do. I guess my problem is (and maybe you can answer it for me), if it doesn't rely on logic, what good is it anyway?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins