Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
EVILolution

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 20, 2002 14:04:37 UTC

Cliff,

A very appropriate name for evolution. My opinion is that the basis of evolution - war between species and within species for space or land or survival- is inherently evil. It's still going on like in the middle east. Archaelogy and geology, the history of the earth, supports the fact that the earth has existed for billions of years and that life has gradually become more and more complex on earth. If the universe were only 10,000 years old we could not even see all of our own galaxy because of the finite speed of light. Astronomers can see 10 billions years into the past because of the speed of light.

However, I also think that evil including evolution does exist. Personally I do not think I came from a monkey. I always thought that in my last life I was a dog. But the Lord told me that I have had many lives, each havng the same form- where I promise to accomplish something in life on earth before I was born. But in every case, in every previous life, excepting this one, I failed to accomplish what I had promised the Lord.

This time I succeeded, so maybe I can stop coming back. But I'm having so much fun, especially now that I'm retired, I would not mind signing up again.

My opinion is that heaven is where you do all you want to do without having to work. So my heaven is right now. If I make it this time, I'll just get another job on the other side and have to continue working. That's not heaven.

I think people who go to heaven after death go there to rest and recuperate, having fun without working (as I said that's heaven) until they are cleansed enough to be choosen again.

They get chosen by a process that has become known as rapture in Christianity. Periodically in heaven God sweeps over the valley and selects those who are ready to be born again. That is what Jesus meant when he said that some in field will go and some will stay. So my opinion, supported by Swedenborg, is that rapture is part of the process of reincarnation (or transmigration as the jews term it.) Islam and Christianity are the only religions that do not believe in reincarnation. You cannot control people if they think they will just be born again- that is why Constantine abolished the idea of transmigration.

Obviously I am trying to get you to debate any of this. Let's have fun.

Regards.

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins