Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Please Clarify

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Scott Abernathy on April 19, 2002 17:25:56 UTC

You wrote -
"Essentially, if someone disagrees with the universality of science (that component which can be shown to be 100% internally consistent) than I immediately know the situation is one of two distinct possibilities: either his arguments are not well thought out (in which case what he has to say is not worth listening to)"

You wrote -
"I personally think miscommunication is the single greatest problem between human beings and I would like to see it improved. They ought to get on the same page before they begin spouting their opinions otherwise, it is not worth our time to listen."

Please clarify why the world should use your form of communication. I understand you are a legend in your own mind and obviously the most brilliant man you have ever met, but why must we all subscribe to your mode of communication.

Please clarify why we must follow your lead. Please make me realize why the opinions of most people are a waste of our (basically your) time, because you don't deem them worth of your "ivory tower" existence.

I implore you to make me understand even though my intellect is equal to a slime molds compared with your brilliance.

Thank you for your time

Have a blast - Scotty

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins